Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jewelry Designer Spotlight: House Of Waris

As you can see from all our of posts, Jewls and I are BIG jewelry people. We are always on the lookout for new different pieces that are unique and unlike anything out there. That is why I adore House of Waris, made by jewelry designer and actor Waris Ahluwalia. Born in India, Ahluwalia came to the United States at the age of five and was raised in Brooklyn, New York. Based mostly out of the Big Apple, Waris frequently travels to his birthplace, where his jewelry is made. His pieces were first taken notice by the owners of the luxury mecca, Maxfield's in Los Angeles. Well of course! His stuff is absolutely gorgeous, as is EVERYTHING in that store. Not to mention he is a close friend of movie director, Wes Anderson, and appears in a number of his films. Love this guy and his stunners of necklaces and rings. Check out my top favorite designs of his. XO, Liza



Waris Ahluwalia himself.

I posted this necklace a few months back and I still am absolutely crazy about it. Although it is beyond expensive and will forever be out of my price range, it's fun to look at, right? Exactly.

House of Waris Love Conquers All Ring- Made of 18K yellow gold, this hand-engraved ring is simple, yet stunning.

This brass ring with flames and black diamonds is absurd!!! Wow, would I love to have this on my hand right now...

barneys.com, houseofwaris.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...