Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Handbags

I have decided that I am due for a new handbag. I have worn all my Balenciagas slam out. My Givenchy needs a good vacay at the dry cleaners and my Costume National and Chanel are falling apart. What can I say... I am really hard on my bags and while I have been bingeing on my beautiful light blue embellished Calleen Cordero, I am just flat out in the mood for a new one! The less in your face "brand label-y" as Lize and I say, the better! That is how we like em'.  I choose my handbags like I choose my men... very carefully!  To be honest, I really have not loved a bag for a few seasons now, but this spring many are catching my eye. I have selected my top favorites to share with you all. Hopefully you guys can help me chose which one to get!  Hope you're all having a good week so far! I am sooo ready for the weekend! I need a date with a cabana on the beach and a bloody mary! I hope the weather is gonna be nice! Kisses!

X. Jewls

Calleen Cordero Ago Painted Tote in Olive Rodeo, $659. Ok, so far this is my top pick. What do you guys think? Agh, she is so gorgeous and would be so fun with all my dresses for spring and summer! I am craving something a little more natural and urban these days.

Alexander Wang Jade Stingray Wristlet Bag, $795. A little impractical for the price, I know. It would be so sick with all my spring ensembles though! Especially for nights out when I don't want to carry a huge bag! Eek! I might have to wait on this one...
Jerome Dreyfuss Billy Handbag, $886. Ok, for those of you who are not familiar with Jerome, let me tell you that they are the SOFTEST handbags on planet earth. Lize and I have been in love with them since we discovered them at Hejfina in Wicker Park way back in, gosh, 05'? Crazy! They are the best and orange is one of my favorite colors. Bright colored bags are in this season so this really would be unique!

 
 Alexander Wang Marion Mini Flap Bag, $650. Perfect for every night out. Enough said. 
Thomas IV Joanie Bucket Bag, $495. I am loving this line and it's also way more affordable! This is such a Coachella bag!

Alexander Wang Marti Backback, $850. I know these are getting a little over-promoted but I really do love how this can be worn both ways. I feel like you wouldn't see this color on everyone either. It's gorgeous and so different! I would wear this bag forever. It's such a good casual everyday bag and would be fabulous for travel too!

The perfect size!

Givenchy Small Pandora Textured Messenger, $1770. So expensive, I know... but I have worn my other Givenchy to death. They are kind of an investment. Barney's won't let you drag the images off their website so this was the only one I could find of the exact color I want (excuse that ugly text on the bottom). Ohhh, this one hurts me... but it may need to be a Christmas present. Mom, I hope you're reading this. Hint, hint.


 Lanvin Amalia Quilted Cabas Tote, $1490. I want to get dressed in an exquisite lace dress, wear an absurdly huge hat, and go to a tea room with Lize carrying this bag. It's so lovely.
Proenza Schoulder Medium Colombian Mochilla Bag, $1825. I know this one is old news, but I never got over this bag. I still have dreams about it. Every time I walk into Opening Ceremony and see it hanging up on the perfect wall displayed next to all of it's brother and sister handbags, I just want to start crying. It needs to come home with me one day. It wants me to be it's mother. 
Rag & Bone Day Pack, $295. Last but not least... why can't I be cute when I go hiking with my man? If he is insists that I become more outdoorsy (whatever that means), then I will be carrying Rag & Bone... not North Face or whatever ugly crap comes out of that godforsaken store called REI. Haha. This backpack is the one! I'll probably be able to fit one string cheese in this thing, but who cares. It's sick.

Alright, that's it guys. Let the votes come in! Which one is your favorite? Help me decide!

PS: I'm glad you agree with my picks, Shani! Xoxo's to Refinery29 for making us a "Top 5 Things To Know This AM" today.

18 comments:

  1. I just kept scrolling down thinking: "that's the one!", then I spotted the next one in your list!

    Top 3 are (in no particular order):

    The Wang Stingray
    The Proenza Schoelder
    The Jerome Dreyfuss

    You can't beat a new bag! It updates all your outfits and definitely makes you feel like you've moved into a new season. Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOVE the Lanvin... can I wrap myself in lace and chiffon and ruffles and come to the tea party too?! second fave is the Wang stingray... having a major moment with white/gold as well as the overtly feminine right now. great pics <3 shelby

    www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all, especially the second bag - just gorgeous!!!

    http://itsthedollhousebaby.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with the Alexander Wang mini flap and the color of the Givenchy bag !!

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would go fpr the alexander wang stringray. It is original and big. I don' see any problem in wearimg it at night!
    I am following you as well now and put your nlog on my blogroll cause it is too cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 bag and pink bag beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  7. love them all...specially the jerome bag in orange...you are right in saying that they are the softest bags on planet earth!!! love them...xo

    http://stylescribbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Givenchy, Juliana, but Santa would have to sell a kidney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so many great options.. love the turquoise print one :) xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's no crime to own a lot of handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for comment me! Great post! Laura by http://theblondiii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alexsander Wang & Givenchy, if i had a deeper pocket :) following u back!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those bags are superb!!
    Thanks for sharing - so inspiring :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would say all of them if money were a limitless resource.. but if I had to narrow it down, the alex wang backpack, its majorly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the Jerome Dreyfus and the Lanvin the best. The first one looks a little too Native-American-ish for me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. like.your.blog.very.much.thanks.for.creating.this blog.
    you.write.really.very.nice.i.am.your.daily.visitor.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...