Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jewls Must Haves: A Fabulous Jacket for Every Day of the Week

My number one rule is to never go cheapy discount on a jacket. Blazers and mini shrunken coats are like handbags to me. They are a commitment. The more you spend on the quality of them, the longer of a life they will have with you. I know I am talking about jackets as if they have souls... but they sorta do. ;)  Here's the thing... I have coats that I have been wearing since I was 16 that are still classic and timeless and work with everything. My basic ensembles can flare up and down and out of any of my ever changing moods and phases... but my jackets always complete them perfectly as I make sure to have the perfect array of choices.  A perfectly fitted blazer to me, is the cleanest/sexiest way to complete an ensemble. Blazer check. Pumps check. Clutch check. All there. All timeless. And most importantly, not all looking boring and mundane in the sea of leather bombers that everyone somewhere back in 08' found acceptable to throw on top of EVERYTHING. T-shirts, collared shirts, baby doll dresses, and even ball gowns. It's not OK and it's not flattering! I get the need to have the juxtaposition of fancy and casual edge next to each other but this is not the way to do it. I would love nothing more than to see this trend go away. If your gonna go for that trend and really binge on it, then find the perfect jacket to do it with! Here are my picks so far as I am constantly on the hunt to add to my collection. Hope you are all having a great week! 

X. Jewls


 
Gareth Pugh


The back of this piece is what really murders me.  

Thakoon. I am obsessed with how this is almost a pullover. So different. I would love to wear this with a full long pleated skirt and huge clog boots.


Gaspard Yurkievich. The construction on this one is perfection. This is definitely a timeless piece.


Yigal Azrouel. My favorite. Paper leather jacket. This is so bad ass. I love it. I would throw this on with everything.


Tsumori Chisato. I may need to grab this. No joke. This is so sensual and innocent at the same time. Ugh, the pleating on the shoulder?! Come on!


And look at the back!!

Alexander Wang nylon folded jacket for those rainy days when you still don't want to look like crap.... There is this cute little guy! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...