Sunday, January 16, 2011

Liza's Best and Worst of the Golden Globes 2011

Ah I love the Golden Globes so much. Nothing like a cold Sunday winter night to curl up on your couch and watch your favorite actors and actresses scoop up awards for our favorite shows and movies. The show is not even over yet, but I already am posting my best and worst dressed! It is so easy for me to choose... I'm even like that when I shop! When I see something I love or don't love, done and done... I've made my mind up. So without further adieu, here are my picks for best and worst dressed of the Golden Globes this year! Enjoy! XO, Liza


Best Dressed


 Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection- STUNNING! I mean... I died everywhere when they showed her on the screen. I wasn't sure about Emma as a blonde at first, but with this dress? Her skin tone too? Perfection! I am so in love with the back of the gown too. Super sleek and sexy, yet not over the top at all. The hair is elegant and simple as well to top off the look. Love it ALL!



 Leighton Meester in Burberry Prorsum- My second favorite for sure. I pretty much always love what Leighton is wearing, especially this last year. She never chooses anything safe whatsoever and I love that  she is willing to take risks, regardless of being in best or worst dressed. That to me, is a true fashionista. It's hard to come by those in Hollywood nowadays, don't you think? Anyways, this dress is a true beauty. I love that it's long sleeved, somewhat retro, and finished off with a tasteful slit. The hair too is simple enough to not draw away from the dress. Yay Leighton!



Claire Danes in Calvin Klein Collection- Another creation by Francisco Costa? I am not shocked at all.  His dresses are always beyond beautiful, understatedly sexy, and Ms. Danes and him are close friends. Sooooo of course she picked out the perfect dress to accept a Golden Globe in. I love the color and the gold cuff on her wrist. Gorgeous! 

Worst Dressed

 January Jones in Versace- Oh no January. You were on my best dressed last year in Lanvin, but this dress is the complete opposite of that! Waaaaay too skanky for me, especially for the Golden Globes, ya know? The fringed bottom too? Bleh! Not feeling it at all. I do love her hair and make-up though. She is naturally beautiful and always shines.




 Natalie Portman in Viktor and Rolf- I know some people may love this dress, but I did not at all... I dunno... something about that red beaded flower on the bust? I hate it.... and with the matching red clutch and red shoes? Not her best look. She is gorgeous though and one of my favorite actresses. Loved her acceptance speech. Adorable. 



Christina Hendricks in Romona Keveza- Again Christina? I mean... this chick always is in the ugliest dresses!! What is going on with that? The flower on the shoulder is bigger then her head! With that vibrant red hair too... a bright red dress just isn't the wisest decision. 
justjared.com

4 comments:

  1. Eeeeeek, I was looking forward to this post! And I agree completely! Emma Stone was perfeeeeection. I loved that dress, and Claire Danes too. They were so sleek and sexy and smooth and classy! I texted Juliana about Leighton the second I saw her - love her daring and bold attitude when it comes to fashion, refreshing to see sleeves on the carpet too. Although, I was not impressed with Angelina's sleeved glitzy Christmasy dress, geh. Thanks for being honest about Natalie Portman, I really didn't get that, the matchy red accessories looked so Valentines Day in high school? Bummer! -A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Al. You are the best. I don't think anyone appreciates my Hollywood best/worst dressed at events as much as you... ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree- LOVE Natalie, but hated the dress : ( Calvin Klein Collection rocked it on the Red Carpet this year!

    We're having a Giveaway @ B&B- make sure you enter to win a cozy plaid flannel from the retro-revived Les Halles! You girls would look adorable in it!

    http://bornandbread.blogspot.com/2011/01/plaid-habit-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! A giveaway! What a fab new idea! It's such a fast and easy way to gain more followers to your brand new blog. Who doesn't love free stuff?! Crack open a bottle of bubbly when you hit 100! Good luck girlies!

    X. Jewls and Liza

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...