Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Whatever Happened to the Fashion of Young Hollywood?

I know I know... most of my old "young" Hollywood fashion favorites are either popping out babies or working on their countless clothing labels. Makes me kinda sad to tell you the truth! I miss the days when Lindsay and Nicole would stroll down Robertson arm in arm with twenty shopping bags in tow... or when the Olsens would show up at Paris Fashion Week together and get mobbed by the paparazzi. Ah those were the days. I truly loved getting my US Weekly and People Magazines every week to see what my girls would be wearing. Nowadays the new generation (think Miley Cyrus, Vanessa Hudgens, Nina Dobrev, etc. ) aren't cutting it!! Here's a flashback to some of my favorite outfits from about 2004-2008 of the old fashion IT girls. XO, Liza


Mischa, Mischa, Mischa.... I know the O.C. is over and you aren't in movies anymore, but that doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to your fashion sense? If you've seen pictures of her lately... well let's just say she doesn't look this cute anymore at all. Boo.

 Ashley Olsen juggling her two Venti cups from Starbucks and her enormous Givenchy Nightingale. I remember she was one of the first, if not THE first to carry this handbag. Oh and how could I forget the Prada turban headband? Heck, I ran out to the store the second I saw that and scooped it up in red! Anyways, I love how simple this outfit is. A sick headband, plain tee, jean shorts and belt, and a brand new designer handbag. FAB.

 Wow. I get so nostalgic looking at this picture. This was MK in her fashion heydey. No doubt! No one ever wore cut off leggings and cowboy boots until this little lady stepped out of her apartment to head to class at NYU. After that, the trend obviously exploded. 
 LOVE this one piece on Lindsay.  One thing about Lindsay Lohan I like is that she really couldn't give a damn about what others think of her when it comes to fashion. Sometimes she will look terrible I must admit, but when she does look good, she looks GOOD.
 Raquel Allegra shredded tee and Rachel Comey cropped top. Can't go wrong!
 They are kind of adorable in this picture, no? I totally remember Nicole wearing those bug eyed sunglasses all over town.... love them.
 She has a massive tear in her tights and she still looks amazing. That's when you know it's Mary-Kate. Duh! That bag is unreal too.
 MK chatting on the phone "furred" out. Ha! Kind of overload, but I love it. Adore that color of green.
 Remember when Mischa and Nicole were bff? These two were attached at the hip for a while. They definitely complemented eachother though... everytime they were with one another, they looked fantastic. 
 Mischa in a See by Chloe dress and Miu Miu flats. Darling.
 Such a cutie pie. Gosh, do I miss how the Olsen girls used to dress. Now they look all schlumpy and blah. Someone please explain to me what happened!
 This outfit screams me, except I'd probably wear a pair of Lanvin flats instead of Louboutins. Tsubi jeans, check! Amazing sunglasses, check! Bigger then life scarf, check! Tons of jewelry, check and check!
Nicole in a Karen Zambos onesie. So so cute.
I'm kind of obsessed with this picture. They look so confused, yet so gorgeous. 

3 comments:

  1. Ha!! Amazing post!! I love how it's all MKA, Linds, Mischa and Nicole... We never cared about anyone else. These girl were killing it back then. Sob. No one is taking chances anymore. I may have to do a part 2 to this post with more of my fave photos- I LIVE FOR IT. Good one, Lize.

    ---Jewls

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look dopey and anorexic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was
    wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for
    my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
    problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

    Feel free to visit my website - cash advance consolidation

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...